Booking Short Breaks
Important changes to booking short breaks from Christmas 2021 onwards into 2022
- For the foreseeable future, during our busiest times (school holiday periods) we will be taking weekly bookings only.
- The calendars on our booking system have all been amended with the changes.
- We envisage the Easter and the May bank holidays will be particular pressure points.
- Since Covid, staffing and laundry turn- around, have both proved to be very difficult.
- Happily, we have retained all our staff here at the coast, but we have lost two cleaning companies in York in quick succession, as they themselves, struggled with staff retention and the management of the laundry.
- As a result, we are having to fill the gap and send staff to York, leading us having to cut down on offering short breaks.
- We see this as a short-term measure, which might well be re-adjusted as we go along, but at present, to maintain our high standards, we believe this will be the best way of going forward.
- Obviously, all short break bookings already made earlier this year will be honoured.
Naturally we are sorry that we are having to make this change as we realise that many of you like to visit us for short breaks, rest assured we will be trying our utmost to re-instate them as soon as we possibly can.