Luxury Apartments at York Old Brewery
Children over 12
The Owl House offers a luxury self-catering holiday in East Yorkshire. You’ll discover a beautifully furnished two storey, two bedroomed cottage in a delightful countryside setting, only a stone’s throw from the coast. Secure cycle storage.
Children over 12
This luxury two bedroom, two bathroom self- catering holiday apartment occupies the second floor of this historic building and offers wonderful views of The Minster. It is accessed by lift or stairs. Secure gated parking for one car.
Children over 12
This split level self- catering holiday apartment offers two bedrooms, two bathrooms, wonderful high ceilings and original arched windows. Accessed by an outdoor flight of stairs. Secure gated parking for one car.
Situated in the medieval heart of York, only minutes from The Minster
Our prices and availability are always accurate as they are updated automatically as bookings are made. If the holiday cottage and dates you want are shown as available, you can book and pay on-line instantly. You can also book by telephone.
Treat yourself to a truly memorable holiday in a luxury self-catering holiday apartment in this tranquil location in the heart of medieval York.
These three stunning self-catering city-centre holiday apartments are located within York city walls, adjacent to York Minster, and only minutes from the Jorvik Centre, The Shambles, Clifford's Tower and Betty's Tea-Rooms. There is so much to do and see, literally on our doorstep, as York is brimming with culture, history and special events.
York is an important city historically, dotted with ancient ruins, artefacts and churches. The many medieval streets are packed with welcoming coffee houses, restaurants, bars and independent shops. The theatres and cinemas provide top quality entertainment. York offers an eclectic programme of events throughout the year, attracting tourists from all over the world.
Railway enthusiasts will love York Railway Museum, and perhaps find time for a trip on the famous North Yorkshire Moors Steam Railway, as featured in the Harry Potter movies, which runs from Pickering to Grosmont and Whitby.
Situated in the centre of the three Ridings of Yorkshire, the apartments at York Old Brewery are perfectly placed for exciting day trips to the other exciting great Yorkshire cities, the Yorkshire Dales, and the spectacular East Yorkshire coast.
- Winner of the 2022 York
- Winner 2019 Visit York Self-Catering Award
- Each apartment is graded Visit England 5 Star Gold, each with two bedrooms and two bathrooms.
- Each apartment sleeps up to 4 guests
- Located within a Grade 2 listed conversion of an old brewery.
- Secure, designated on-site parking in gated courtyard - a rare commodity in central York! CCTV
- Located in the Minster Quarter within the city walls.
- Situated on the tranquil street of Ogleforth in the medieval heart of York, minutes from York Minster, all the city's main tourist attractions, shopping streets, city walls and, of course, a fantastic choice of cafes, restaurants and pubs.
- Stunning, luxury apartments with superb kitchens and living space
- Yorkshire Welcome Hamper on arrival
- Access by lift or stairs – Hop Store or Brew House
- Access by flight of steps – Malt House
- Secure cycle storage
- Children over 12 years accepted
Available in all Apartments
What people think
Here are some reviews of our holiday cottages at York Hop Store. Please note that reviews of our other cottages at High Barn and Field House Farm are also included.
What we've achieved
Our three properties at York Old Brewery have captured the hearts of our guests. Following the restoration and conversion of this historic Grade 2 listed building in 2010, we took ownership of The Hop Store. Next came The Malt House in 2014 and The Brew House was added in March 2018.Since opening, the apartments have featured regularly as finalists in the Visit York Tourism Awards. Much to our delight, all three were awarded the prestigious Self-catering Winner Visit York 2019. It is our pleasure to offer these superb Visit England Five Star Gold apartments to new and returning holiday visitors.